ONLINE VIRTUAL EVENTS: Wine & Food Pairing FEB 27Gather around the virtual table to eat & drink with a local expert online. Delivered safely to your home or hotel.
Includes 750ml bottle, all food samples, 1-hour online meeting with local expert to guide you through the tasting, and delivery within within Victoria, Saanich Peninsula, and Westshore Communities.
What are Online Virtual Events?
We’ve taken our signature story driven culinary experiences and moved them online! Sip, sample, and savour the very best cuisine and beverages made here in British Columbia and Vancouver Island. We deliver a curated selection of food & drinks to your door safely and then you later join an interactive Zoom meeting where a local expert will take you through the tasting. We have partnered with some of the most influential local foodies for a truly unique and delicious online experience.
Virtual Wine & Food Pairing:
What Included & What To Expect:
We have partnered with local wine geek Dan Stiefvater for a fun online virtual wine pairing experience. We will be tasting one BC wine and pairing it with 3 dishes to show the diversity of pairing wines with food.
In 2010 Dan completed his Sommelier Diploma with the International Sommelier Guild and is now selling wine for HQ Wine + Spirits. A French Wine Scholar, Italian Wine Specialist, Certified Sherry Wine Specialist, CAPS Member, and active WSET Instructor, it’s safe to say he is passionate about wine! He recently was chosen as one of three sommeliers to compete in the Chef Meets BC Grape Somm Smackdown this summer!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE EVENT?
- A 750ml bottle of Haywire Gamay Noir. Gamay grapes from the organically farmed high elevation Secrest Mountain Vineyard in Oliver, BC were gently destemmed with a portion left whole cluster for carbonic complexity. Fermented in a combination of open top and concrete fermenters before aging for 8 months in large Nico Velo concrete tanks. Ripe raspberry aromas and flavours with a dusting of chocolate leads to a complex wine with lush texture. Bright acidity is framed by gentle tannins.
- Three dishes from local Victoria restaurants to show the complexity of the wine and how it can be paired in very different ways. Dishes include a Porcini Pate from Bull & Sons Deli, a BBQ Duck Crepe from Loy Sing restaurant in Chinatown, and a special dessert from La Roux Patisserie.
- PDF document with tasting notes and wine information.
- Time: 6pm-7pm. We deliver the food & beer during the day and the tasting takes place in the evening.
- 1-hour online Zoom meeting. Participants will be emailed a link to join our online tasting. You will need a Zoom account in order to participate (we will send out instructions on how to join). Both Dan and Bonnie will co-host the event and go through the tasting with the small group. A fun way to try new things and learn more about beer pairing.
- Free delivery withing Greater Victoria, Saanich Peninsula, and Westshore Communities (Langford, Colwood, Metchosin).
CAN YOU SHARE THE SAMPLES?
Of course! The tasting is technically designed for one person but you are welcome to share with another in your household. The samples are more than enough for one person and a great little taster for two people. The $90 cost is per bag so if you are wanting to share with another person that is all right by us!
Things to know about delivery:
– We only take 15 deliveries per event so if the day is blocked out it is because we have reached our max capacity for deliveries.
– We will deliver bags containing both the food samples and the alcohol samples in the afternoon between 12pm-5pm. The interactive online Zoom tasting will take place in the early evening.
– We will send you a 1-hour window for when we will deliver and will text you when we have arrived.
– You will be required to show ID at the door at the time of delivery.
– We offer contactless delivery right to your door.
Can I make substitutions for what is in the bag?
At this time we are unable to substitute items. We have worked with the local experts to carefully curate the tasting and we have designed the samples to pair well with each other.
What if I’m vegetarian or have dietary issues?
We typically have a vegetarian option on our events however due to the nature of the wine tasting we are unable to accommodate a vegetarian on this event. We can accommodate some food allergies but please call us at 778-918-4584 and we can see if we can make some adjustments.
Do I need to be home for the delivery?
Yes. Since the box has food we wouldn’t want to leave it outside. We will text the number you provide with a time frame and we will try and accommodate timing requests.
How are you maintaining safe practices?
Each of the partner restaurants are certified kitchens and all are practicing the safe protocols set out by the government. There is no current evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted via food and restaurants are permitted to operate during the shutdown. Every single person handling products and boxes wears protective gloves and everyone has been trained on how to properly wash their hands as well as safe food handling practices.
Our delivery drivers are taking extra precautions including wearing a mask when handling any bags.
Online Virtual Events
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive updates on specials & discounts!