ONLINE VIRTUAL EVENTS: BEER & BITES TASTING april 10The theme: Hard to find beers paired with some funky cheese & local crackers
Includes all food & beverages, 1-hour online meeting with local expert to guide you through the tasting, and delivery within Greater Victoria ($5 fee for Western Communities)
What are Online Virtual Events?
Online Beer & Bites Tasting:
What's Included & What to Expect:
For the month of April we are going to focus on beers that are hard to find BC craft beers paired with some funky cheeses and local crackers. We are calling in some favours to get them to you so if you like awesome BC craft beer and unique cheese this is the event for you.
The event is co-hosted by Bonnie Todd (founder & owner of Off The Eaten Track) and Joe Wiebe. Joe is the author of Craft Beer Revolution: The Insider’s Guide to B.C. Breweries, the definitive guidebook to British Columbia’s burgeoning craft beer industry. He is also a co-founder and Beer Director of Victoria Beer Week and the Content Manager for the BC Ale Trail project.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE EVENT?
- 4 BC craft beer:
1. Comexico Hazy Pale Ale from Land + Sea Brewing (Comox). Only available from their brewery.
2. An ESB from Love Shack Libations (Qualicum Bay). Only available from their brewery.
3. Dissimulator Dopplebock from Twin City (Port Alberni). Only available from their brewery.
4. Idaho 7 IPA from Superflux (Vancouver). We are the only one’s getting a flat of this on the Island!
- Stay tuned for a list of quirky cheeses that we will be sourcing from Bull & Sons Deli.
- 1-hour online Zoom meeting. Participants will be emailed a link to join our online tasting. You will need a Zoom account in order to participate (we will send out instructions on how to join). Both Joe and Bonnie will co-host the event and go through the tasting with the small group. A fun way to try new things and learn more about beer pairing.
- Free delivery withing Greater Victoria and the Saanich Peninsula. A $5 delivery charged to the Western Communities (Langford, Metchosin, Colwood). At this time we can’t deliver to Sooke.
CAN YOU SHARE THE SAMPLES?
Of course! The tasting was designed for one person in mind however it’s very common for two people to do the event together and share. We’ve added the option to increase the food samples so that you can share the beer samples but have your own set of food. You can add an extra food pairing upon booking the event.
Things to know about delivery:
– We will deliver bags containing both the food samples and the alcohol samples in the afternoon between 12pm-5pm. The interactive online Zoom tasting will take place in the early evening.
– We will send you a 1-hour window for when we will deliver and will text you when we have arrived.
– You may be required to show ID at the door at the time of delivery.
– We offer contactless delivery right to your door. You don’t have to be home but please indicate where we should leave the bag if not. During the booking process we have a section where you are able to leave us drop-off instructions.
Can I make substitutions for what is in the bag?
At this time we are unable to substitute items. We suggest if there is something in the bag you might not want, give it to a neighbour, a friend, or donate to a food bank.
What if I’m vegetarian or have dietary issues?
We have a vegetarian option that you can order. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate some food allergies but please call us at 778-918-4584 and we can see if we can make some adjustments.
Do I need to be home for the delivery?
Yes. Since the box has food we wouldn’t want to leave it outside. We will text the number you provide with a time frame and we will try and accommodate timing requests.
How are you maintaining safe practices?
Each of the partner restaurants are certified kitchens and all are practicing the safe protocols set out by the government. There is no current evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted via food and restaurants are permitted to operate during the shutdown. Every single person handling products and boxes wears protective gloves and everyone has been trained on how to properly wash their hands as well as safe food handling practices.
Our delivery drivers are taking extra precautions: Your delivery will be dropped at your doorstep and you’ll receive a text that your box has been delivered. We are not ringing doorbells or unnecessarily touching anything other than your ordered items directly. We are also changing gloves after every delivery. Although there is no evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted through packaging, we continue to be meticulous in our efforts of sanitation of all delivery items.