ONLINE VIRTUAL EVENTSGather around the virtual table to eat & drink with a local expert online. Delivered safely to your home or hotel.
Online Virtual Events:
Includes all food & beverages, 1-hour online meeting with local expert to guide you through the tasting, and delivery within Victoria ($5 fee for Western Communities)
What are Online Virtual Events?
We’ve taken our signature story driven culinary experiences and moved them online! Sip, sample, and savour the very best cuisine and beverages made here in British Columbia and Vancouver Island. We deliver a curated selection of food & drinks to your door safely and then you later join an interactive Zoom meeting where a local expert will take you through the tasting. We have partnered with some of the most influential local foodies for a truly unique and delicious online experience.
Online Virtual Events:
Beer & Bites Tasting With Joe Wiebe: $80 FEB 13 & FEB 26
Stay home, stay safe, and drink beer & eat awesome food with us online! We have partnered with Joe Wiebe for a unique, informative, and fun online tasting event.
Joe Wiebe, the “Thirsty Writer,” is the author of Craft Beer Revolution: The Insider’s Guide to B.C. Breweries, the definitive guidebook to British Columbia’s burgeoning craft beer industry. Joe is a co-founder and Beer Director of Victoria Beer Week and the Content Manager for the BC Ale Trail project. He is also the beer columnist for CBC Radio’s All Points West program and often appears on other radio and TV shows as a craft beer expert.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE EVENT?
- Four delicious foodie samples from local small businesses. We will be focusing on some unique international cuisine such as Biltong jerky from South Africa, a traditional Jamaican patty, Char Sui buns from China, and a German black forest cake. Vegetarian option available.
- Four craft beer samples. We don’t want to give away the surprise but Joe will use his beer expertise to pair the foodie samples with some unique and tasty craft beers.
- 1-hour online Zoom meeting. Participants will be emailed a link to join our online tasting. You will need a Zoom account in order to participate (we will send out instructions on how to join). Both Joe and Bonnie (owner of Off The Eaten Track) will co-host the event and go through the tasting with the small group. A fun way to try new things and learn more about beer pairing.
- Free delivery withing Greater Victoria. The food & beer will be delivered during the day and the meeting will take place in the early evening. A $5 delivery charged to the Western Communities.
CAN YOU SHARE THE SAMPLES?
Of course! The tasting is technically designed for one person but you are welcome to share with another in your household. The samples are more than enough for one person and a great little taster for two people. The $80 cost is per bag so if you are wanting to share with another person that is all right by us!
Churn It Up! Online Butter Making Class & Kit
Coming soon! Off The Eaten Track owner Bonnie Todd was co-founder and operator of The Local Churn, a Vancouver based gourmet butter company. Join her for a fun 1.5-hour interactive cooking class on how to make butter from scratch. A great family activity, date idea, or staff bonding event.
What’s included in the event?
- All the ingredients needed to make plain and one compound butter. The ingredients will be delivered to your door during the day and the class will take place in the evening. You will need to have some basic equipment including a hand mixer, a large bowl, and a spatula. Detailed instructions are sent prior to activity.
- Lots of fun butter recipes including six unique compound butters (sweet & savoury) and two recipes for the leftover buttermilk including the best buttermilk biscuits you ever did have!
- 1.5-hour online Zoom cooking class. Participants will be emailed a link to join the online class. You will need a Zoom account in order to participate (we will send out instructions on how to join). Bonnie will demonstrate as well as observe the small group in all the butter making steps and ingredient prep. Skill level needed: None!
- Free delivery withing Greater Victoria. The cream & butter ingredients will be delivered during the day and the online class will take place in the early evening. A $5 delivery charged to the Western Communities.
Things to know about delivery:
– We only take 15 deliveries per event so if the day is blocked out it is because we have reached our max capacity for deliveries.
– We will deliver bags containing both the food samples and the alcohol samples in the afternoon between 12pm-5pm. The interactive online Zoom tasting will take place in the early evening.
– We will send you a 1-hour window for when we will deliver and will text you when we have arrived.
– You will be required to show ID at the door at the time of delivery.
– We offer contactless delivery right to your door. Delivery to Victoria, Esquimalt, Victoria West and Saanich included. A $5 delivery fee is required for Western Communities (Langford, Colwood, Sooke) and North and Central Saanich.
Can I make substitutions for what is in the bag?
At this time we are unable to substitute items. We suggest if there is something in the bag you might not want, give it to a neighbour, a friend, or donate to a food bank.
What if I’m vegetarian or have dietary issues?
We have a vegetarian option that you can order. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate some food allergies but please call us at 778-918-4584 and we can see if we can make some adjustments.
Do I need to be home for the delivery?
Yes. Since the box has food we wouldn’t want to leave it outside. We will text the number you provide with a time frame and we will try and accommodate timing requests.
How are you maintaining safe practices?
Each of the partner restaurants are certified kitchens and all are practicing the safe protocols set out by the government. There is no current evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted via food and restaurants are permitted to operate during the shutdown. Every single person handling products and boxes wears protective gloves and everyone has been trained on how to properly wash their hands as well as safe food handling practices.
Our delivery drivers are taking extra precautions: Your delivery will be dropped at your doorstep and you’ll receive a text that your box has been delivered. We are not ringing doorbells or unnecessarily touching anything other than your ordered items directly. We are also changing gloves after every delivery. Although there is no evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted through packaging, we continue to be meticulous in our efforts of sanitation of all delivery items.
Brown Bagged Food Tour
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive updates on specials & discounts!