BEER & COOKIES VIRTUAL TASTING EVENTEat holiday cookies from four local bakeries paired with four craft beers from Island breweries. Hosted by Bonnie Todd (Off The Eaten Track) and Joe Wiebe (The Thirsty Writer)
$70 – Per Box – Pick-up only
$25 – Flat Rate Shipping Fee (BC Only)
$10 – Flat Rate Delivery Fee (Victoria Only)
December 09 & 16, 2022
Virtual Beer & Cookies Tasting Event
DECEMBER 09 & 16 (5pm-6pm)
Back for a second year and better than ever! Join Joe Wiebe and Bonnie Todd for a fun and festive virtual tasting event filled with decadent holiday cookies paired with local craft beer. Boxes available for free pick-up from downtown location or a flat rate delivery fee.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE EVENT?
- Four holiday-inspired craft beers to be announced.
- Four sets of cookies (8 total) from 4 local bakeries. Bakeries include Fox & Monocle (new for 2023), The Bikery, Martha’s Delectables, and Deer & Dough Bakery.
- 1-hour online Zoom meeting. Participants will be emailed a link to join our online tasting. You will need a Zoom account in order to participate (we will send out instructions on how to join).
- Beer + Cookies Box can be picked up from our Downtown location at 470 Belleville Street. Instructions and time for pick-up will be shared prior to the event.
- $2 per box will be donated to the local Mustard Seed Food Bank.
The event is co-hosted by Bonnie Todd (founder & owner of Off The Eaten Track) and Joe Wiebe. Joe is the author of Craft Beer Revolution: The Insider’s Guide to B.C. Breweries, the definitive guidebook to British Columbia’s burgeoning craft beer industry. He is also a co-founder and Beer Director of Victoria Beer Week and the Content Manager for the BC Ale Trail project.
CAN YOU SHARE THE SAMPLES?
Of course! The tasting was designed for one person in mind however it’s very common for two people to do the event together and share. We’ve added the option to add an extra set of cookies so that you can share the beer samples but have your own set of cookies. You can add an extra food pairing upon booking the event.
What are Online Virtual Events?
Can I make substitutions for what is in the box?
At this time we are unable to substitute items.
What if I’m vegetarian or have dietary issues?
The Beer & Cookies Box is vegetarian! Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate some food allergies but please call us at 778-918-4584 and we can see if we can make some adjustments.
where do I pick up the box?
Your box including the beer + food samples will be at our downtown kiosk at 470 Belleville Street inside the Steamship Terminal Building.
Do you deliver the boxes?
Yes. We will deliver the box for a flat rate fee of $10 anywhere in Victoria, Langford, and Saanich Peninsula. We currently do not deliver to Metchosin, Sooke, or outside of the Victoria Greater Regional District.