This year is the 40th anniversary of Be A Tourist, a 5-day event that encourages locals to go out and explore their city and take advantage of awesome discounts on touristy activities such as Butchard Gardens, Whale Watching, and Hop-on-hop-off buses. But did you know that there are also some pretty awesome discounts at food stops?
Here are our top 5 foodie discounts for Be A Tourist 2020:
- Rathjen Cellars: Enjoy five free samples of our locally-grown, low-intervention wines. Rathjen Cellars is a farm-based winery located on the Saanich Peninsula. Committed to working with 100% Vancouver Island fruit, we are passionate about bringing under-utilized farmland back to health and into production.
2. BeaverTails: Receive 50% OFF one (1) BeaverTails pastry. Feel free to come back every day of Be A Tourist In Your Own Hometown to get your BeaverTails pastry deal!
3. Perverted Ice Cream: Buy one delicious treat and receive a second free. ESCAPE THE ORDINARY with PERVERTED’s cheeky soft serve ice cream experience. Presenting the most unique, delicious and instagrammable ice cream and toppings that are anything but boring.
4. Pendray Inn & Tea House: Enjoy 25% OFF on our afternoon teas. The Pendray Inn and Tea House, ideally located near Victoria’s Inner Harbour, offers a delicious selection of traditional afternoon tea in a beautiful 19th-century Victorian setting.
5. Off The Eaten Track: 25% off our Chocolate & Churches Tour.
We see you chocoholics and we created a tour just for you. Victoria is a mecca for chocolatiers and turns out we also have some gorgeous historic places of worship. So let’s get biblical and indulge in some sinful chocolate while venturing inside some of the most iconic churches in the city. ON THE MENU: an assortment of chocolates from two iconic chocolate shops, chocolate infused French macarons, a unique savory taco with a house-made mole sauce, and a rich, thick, drinking chocolate from a chocolate shop that has been in business for over 30 years.