Here is what we are doing to comply with Covid safety regulations on our guided food tours:
- We are currently only accepting Canadian travelers on our tours. Here is a quote from the Canadian Government:”To protect Canadians from the outbreak of COVID-19, the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada. Until further notice, most foreign nationals cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA). These restrictions stop most non-essential (discretionary) travel to Canada.”We miss our international guests and can’t wait to host you again in the future but for now we are taking advice from our health authorities and are promoting travel within our own country. Please click HERE for more information if you are thinking of travelling to Canada from abroad.
- Small groups. Our tours will run with a minimum of 2 guests and a maximum of 6 people. The only exception being if you are travelling as a family. Please contact us directly if you are a group larger than 6 people (250-588-6242).
- Eating mostly outside. We will spend the majority of the tour outside sampling the dishes. We will encourage and enforce a 2 metre distance between guests during the tour.
- Masks. Our guide will be wearing a mask throughout the duration of the tour. The reason our guides wear a mask is that they do quite a bit of talking and they enter enclosed spaces to pick up samples. Guests are not required to wear a mask as they will be sampling food for the majority of the tour.
- Washing hands. Our guides will maintain safe hand washing practices and will have hand sanitizer ready to use.
We will only be offering two of our tours to start with: Downtown Food & City Tour (2:30-4:30) and the Modern Chinatown Tour (11am-1pm).