virtual chocolate tastingJoin Off The Eaten Track and a Taylor Kennedy from Sirene Chocolate for a fun and interactive chocolate tasting.
Price: $55 per Chocolate Box ($15 Flat Rate Shipping Fee Across Canada)
Virtual Chocolate Tasting Event
February 19, 2022 (7pm-8pm)
Victoria has a long history of producing exceptional chocolate makers, starting with Charles Rogers opening a small chocolate shop in 1885 – the oldest chocolatier in Canada. Join Bonnie Todd from Off The Eaten Track and Taylor Kennedy, owner of Sirene Chocolate, for a fun and interactive virtual chocolate tasting to learn how chocolate is made and to indulge in local chocolate treats.
NOW AVAILABLE FOR SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN CANADA. MUST ORDER BY FEB 7th.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE EVENT?
- One bean-to-bar chocolate from Sirene Chocolate.
- A package of gourmet hot chocolate from Uncouth Chocolate.
- Chocolate marshmallows from Tout de Sweet Confections.
- One bar of Ruby Cacao from Cococo
- Two gourmet truffles from Terrible Truffles.
- Raw ingredients of chocolate including cacao nibs, cacao pods, and cacao butter.
- 1-hour online Zoom meeting. Participants will be emailed a link to join our online tasting. You will need a Zoom account in order to participate (we will send out instructions on how to join).
- Chocolate tasting boxes can be picked up from our Downtown location at 470 Belleville Street. Instructions and time for pick-up will be shared prior to the event.
- Boxes can be shipped in time for the virtual event – boxes must be orderd no later than Feb 07th.
Taylor Kennedy founded Sirene in 2013 after 18 years at the National Geographic Society. He creates his award-winning bean-to-bar chocolate in his small factory in Fairfield.
CAN YOU SHARE THE SAMPLES?
Of course! The tasting was designed for one person in mind however it’s very common for two people to do the event together and share.
What are Online Virtual Events?
We’ve taken our signature story driven culinary experiences and moved them online! Sip, sample, and savour the very best cuisine and beverages made here in British Columbia and Vancouver Island. We curate a selection of food & drinks that can be either shipped or picked-up from our downtown kiosk. Then guests join an interactive Zoom meeting where a local expert will take you through the tasting. We have partnered with some of the most influential local foodies for a truly unique and delicious online experience.
Can I make substitutions for what is in the box?
At this time we are unable to substitute items.
What if I’m vegetarian or have dietary issues?
This box is vegetarian. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate some food allergies, most notably dairy and nuts, but please call us at 778-918-4584 and we can see if we can make some adjustments.
where do I pick up the box?
Chocolate tasting boxes are available for pick-up at our kiosk downtown inside the Steamship Terminal Building at 470 Belleville Street or they are available for shipping across Canada.
How are you maintaining safe practices?
Each of the partner restaurants are certified kitchens and all are practicing the safe protocols.