A Taste of Chinatown BagExperience the culinary culture of Canada's oldest Chinatown from the safety of home.
Includes all food samples, a $2 donation to a local charity, and delivery within Victoria ($5 fee for Western Communities)
A Taste of chinatown bag:
Victoria is a vibrant and multicultural city and we want to celebrate the unique food & businesses located in Canada’s oldest Chinatown. Restaurants and small food businesses need our help and our Brown Bags are a great way to show support and celebrate Victoria’s culinary culture.
Why purchase brown bag food tour?
- A great idea for an at-home staff lunch, a corporate gift, or a house warming gift.
- Support multiple local small businesses including us!
- Expand your culinary experience and try new things including bao buns, bbq pork, chili oil, Korean chips and more.
- Bag includes a $2 donation to local charity. This month we are supporting Wear 2 Start: helping women overcome barries to employment.
- Safe, easy to order, and next day delivery available.
WHAT’S IN THE BAG?
A LIST OF OUR AMAZING VENDORS
Discover some delicious hidden gems in this historic neighbourhood:
- Steamed bao buns from Bao Victoria. Flavours include the popular Taiwanese Classic and Shanghai Black Bean.
- A box of Asian inspired macarons from La Roux Patisserie. Flavours include Sour cherry and Yuzu.
- Homemade chili oil from Little Yunnan. This family restaurant makes their own condiments. Serve on eggs, stirfrys, or really anything that needs a bit of a kick!
- A bag of Honey Butter Chips from Fisgard Market. We LOVE these insanely popular but hard to find bag of chips from Korea.
- 2 bags of green tea from Silk Road Tea Shop.
- BBQ pork with rice from Ling Soy. This shop is the oldest Chinese owned business in Canada, it has been on Fisgard for over 130 years! Vegetarian option available.
- Pineapple buns from Victoria BBQ & Bakery
- Free delivery for Greater Victoria Area & Saanich Peninsula. There is a $5 delivery fee for the Western Communities.
- Includes a $2 donation to Wear 2 Start Charity.
- Access to our Eat Like a Local discount card and discounts on our guided food tours.
Things to know about delivery:
- Place your order for the day you would like it delivered. We take up to 20 deliveries per day so if the day is blocked out it is because we have reached our max capacity for deliveries.
- We will deliver bags in the afternoon (12:30-6pm)
- We offer contactless delivery right to your door. We text when we are at the door for delivery or we can leave it at door if you are not home.
- Driver is wearing a mask and frequent hand-washing/sanitizing is observed.
- Delivery to Victoria, Esquimalt, Victoria West and Saanich Peninsula included. A $5 delivery fee is required for Western Communities (Langford, Colwood, Metchosin). At this time we are unable to deliver to Sooke.
Can I make substitutions for what is in the bag?
At this time we are unable to substitute items. We suggest if there is something in the bag you might not want, give it to a neighbour, a friend, or donate to a food bank.
What if I’m vegetarian or have dietary issues?
We have a vegetarian option that you can order. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate some food allergies but please call us at 778-918-4584 and we can see if we can make some adjustments.
Do I need to be home for the delivery?
Up to you. The box does have food so we would suggest not leaving it outside for too long. We email a delivery time window and will do our best to accommodate any delivery time requests.
Should I tip the delivery driver?
Tips for the delivery drivers are of course welcome but not mandatory. We currently don’t have an online way to leave a gratuity but some guests have just left an envelope at the door.
How are you maintaining safe practices?
Each of the partner restaurants are certified kitchens and all are practicing the safe protocols set out by the government. There is no current evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted via food and restaurants are permitted to operate during the shutdown. Every single person handling products and boxes wears protective gloves and everyone has been trained on how to properly wash their hands as well as safe food handling practices. Our delivery driver is wearing a mask and handsanitizes before any packaging is handled.