Small Brown Bag Food TourA curated food tour delivered to your door. Support local restaurants & treat yourself...from a distance.
Includes all food samples, a $2 donation to a local charity, and delivery within Victoria & Saanich Peninsula ($5 fee for Western Communities)
Small Brown Bag Food Tour:
Staying home? Let us deliver a curated bag of tasty food samples from our amazing food tour partners for you to enjoy from the safety of home. Restaurants and small food businesses need our help and our Brown Bags are a great way to show support and celebrate Victoria’s culinary culture.
Why purchase brown bag food tour?
- A great gift for a quarantined neighbour or a pick-me-up treat for yourself.
- Support multiple local small businesses including us!
- Expand your culinary experience and try new things.
- Bag includes a $2 donation to local charity.
- A unique and delicious date night experience.
- Safe, easy to order, and next day delivery available.
WHAT’S IN THE BAG?
A LIST OF OUR AMAZING VENDORS
This delicious foodie bag is idea for 1-2 people
- Two fluffy cheddar biscuits from Tonollis Deli in Central Saanich.
- A large bánh mì sandwich from BaLe. Lemongrass infused chicken, pickled daikon and carrots, cilantro and mayo on a crusty French baguette. Veggie option available.
- A chocolate, caramel, pecan brownie from The Fickel Fig in Sidney.
- A gourmet chocolate bar from local bean-to-bar chocolate maker Sirene. Taylor is an award winning chocolate maker based in Victoria.
- A slab of cheese from Bull & Sons Deli. Selection varies but owner Jonathan always picks a winner.
- A bowl of Butter Chicken Curry from Sutra. One of chef Vikram Vij’s most popular recipes. Veggie option available.
- A mini packet of crackers from Jenny Marie’s Cracker Company made here in Victoria.
- 1 45ml pot of honey from Country Bee Honey Farm in Central Saanich.
- Free delivery for Greater Victoria Area & Saanich Peninsula. There is a $5 delivery fee for the Western Communities.
- Includes a $5 donation to local chairty Wear 2 Start.
- Access to our Eat Like a Local discount card and discounts on our guided food tours.
Things to know about delivery:
- Place your order for the day you would like it delivered. We take up to 20 deliveries per day so if the day is blocked out it is because we have reached our max capacity for deliveries.
- We will deliver bags in the afternoon (12:30-6pm)
- We offer contactless delivery right to your door. We text when we are at the door for delivery or we can leave it at door if you are not home.
- Driver is wearing a mask and frequent hand-washing/sanitizing is observed.
- Delivery to Victoria, Esquimalt, Victoria West and Saanich Peninsula included. A $5 delivery fee is required for Western Communities (Langford, Colwood, Metchosin & Sooke).
Can I make substitutions for what is in the bag?
At this time we are unable to substitute items. We suggest if there is something in the bag you might not want, give it to a neighbour, a friend, or donate to a food bank.
What if I’m vegetarian or have dietary issues?
We have a vegetarian option that you can order. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate some food allergies but please call us at 778-918-4584 and we can see if we can make some adjustments.
Do I need to be home for the delivery?
Up to you. The box does have food so we would suggest not leaving it outside for too long. We email a delivery time window and will do our best to accommodate any delivery time requests.
Should I tip the delivery driver?
Tips for the delivery drivers are of course welcome but not mandatory. We currently don’t have an online way to leave a gratuity but some guests have just left an envelope at the door.
How are you maintaining safe practices?
Each of the partner restaurants are certified kitchens and all are practicing the safe protocols set out by the government. There is no current evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted via food and restaurants are permitted to operate during the shutdown. Every single person handling products and boxes wears protective gloves and everyone has been trained on how to properly wash their hands as well as safe food handling practices.
Our delivery drivers are taking extra precautions: Your delivery will be dropped at your doorstep and you’ll receive a text that your box has been delivered. We are not ringing doorbells or unnecessarily touching anything other than your ordered items directly. We are also changing gloves after every delivery. Although there is no evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted through packaging, we continue to be meticulous in our efforts of sanitation of all delivery items.
Small Brown Bag Food Tour
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive updates on specials & discounts!